We recently threw a grand opening party for one of our Burn Bootcamp locations in Cornelius, North Carolina! We put out a spread of paleo friendly treats and snacks for all of our attendees to enjoy. I compiled these healthy recipes for you and your kids to snack on!
1. Creamy Cado Veggie Dip by Brooke Thomas
You have to go to Brooke’s website to check these out! She has an array of other options on there for you too!
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup Shaklee Energizing Protein
- 1 1/4 cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup Flax Meal
- 1 cup almond slivers
- 3 tspn Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup organic chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut
- Bring honey to a boil and add almond butter.
- Pour all ingredients in a pan and let cool or roll into balls and refrigerate.
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl & dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients to dry and mix well.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 10 minutes on baking sheet
4. Paleo Lemon Bars
What you will need for the crust:
- 2 cups of raw almonds
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 2 tbs of coconut flour
- 2 eggs
What you will need for the topping:
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- a dash of sea salt
- Unsweetened coconut flakes for topping (optional)
Directions for crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your almonds in a food processor and pulse until you have small chucks. Do not over pulse or you will end up with almond flour or almond butter.
- In a medium bowl mix together the almonds with the honey, coconut oil. coconut flour and eggs.
- Line a 8×12 baking dish with parchment paper and and spread your mixture evenly on the bottom of the dish, pressing it down with the back of the spoon to make it nice and compact.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown.
- After your crust is done put it aside and let it cool.
Directions for topping:
- In a small saucepan, whisk together your eggs, lemon juice, honey and sea salt over medium heat.
- Slowly stir in the coconut oil and keep stirring it up until it is fully melted.
- Now whisk whisk whisk until the mixture starts to thicken. If you start to feel like you are a failure and your mixture is still liquid just know you did NOT fail and you just need to stir longer.
- Once your mixture starts to thicken it should resemble pudding. When it is nice and thick, remove it from heat and and let it cool.
- Once cool pour the topping over the crust and sprinkle the unsweetened coconut on top. Place in the freezer to let it set and harden. Once it has set you can place it in the fridge.
- 1 large egg
- 1 Cup unsweetened almond butter
- 1/3 Cup raw honey (our preference; you can use 1/4-1/2 Cup of honey or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened powdered cocoa
- 1/4 Cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Kosher or sea salt (for sprinkling)
- Combine wet ingredients together in a mixing bowl until smooth and add in dry ingredients.
- Roll batter into small balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees