Prep Time – 15 Minutes
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup whole chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (unsalted)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (unsalted)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- optional: sprinkle of sea salt
- 1.5 cups pitted, dried dates
- Purée dates in food processor until a thick paste forms. Add cocoa powder, chia seeds, cinnamon, and vanilla and almond extracts. Pulse until all ingredients are combined. Add the almonds and pecans; pulse until nuts are well incorporated into date mixture. Stir in dried cherries.
- Spread large sheet of wax paper on work surface. Transfer date mixture to wax paper, and press mixture into 1/2-inch-thick rectangle. If desired, you can even out the edges by trimming them with a knife. Wrap tightly in wax paper, and chill overnight.