THIS ORANGE CAKE LOAF IS…
Simple and delicious
Cranberry Orange Cake LoafCourse: DessertCuisine: FestiveDifficulty: Easy
A delicious festive treat made with cranberries and oranges for a fresh yet sweet loaf. Simple and easy to whip up for your next gathering.
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup white sugar, I used cane sugar
½ cup of canola oil or softened coconut oil, I used canola oil
1 cup dairy-free milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
⅓ cup applesauce
½ cup orange juice, I used fresh orange juice
1 1/3 cup fresh cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line your loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with non stick spray and set aside.
- Using a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar together.
- In a separate bowl add the canola oil, dairy-free milk, apple cider vinegar, applesauce, orange juice, and whisk.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together and mix for 1-2 minutes. Do not over mix your batter. Slowly fold 1 cup of fresh cranberries into the batter.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle ⅓ cup of fresh cranberries and orange zest on top.
- Bake loaf for 20 minutes. Take loaf out and cover with coil and bake for an additional 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let completely cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.
- Line your cake loaf pan with parchment paper or spray it with cooking oil. This will prevent your cake loaf from sticking to the pan after baking.
- Prevent the top of your loaf from over cooking by baking the loaf for half of the time then adding foil on top
- Test to see if the loaf has been cooked all the way by sticking a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean then its cooked all the way
After pouring your batter into the cake loaf pan, sprinkle the remaining (⅓ cup) cranberries and orange zest (1 tsp) on top of the batter. This keeps it from sinking to the bottom of the cake loaf.
Garnish the top of the Cranberry Orange Loaf with dried oranges or an orange vanilla glaze. For the orange vanilla glaze combine ½ cup powdered sugar, ⅛ tsp vanilla, and 1 tsp of orange juice. Whisk it all together and slowly add 1 tsp of dairy-free milk until it becomes a creamy smooth icing texture that you like.
Sifting the powdered sugar makes a less clumpy icing. If you do not have sifter just make sure to use your whisk to stir out those clumps. If you like your icing thicker add more powdered sugar. If you like it thinner, add more milk.
Snap a photo and share your delicious creation on instagram @Burnbootcamp and @itsallgoodvegan.com.