Creamy Egg Salad
Most recipes for egg salad call for fat-filled mayonnaise, but this recipe uses fat free Greek yogurt instead. You get all the creaminess without added calories to set back your results.
Here’s what you need…
- 8 organic, free range eggs
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons onion greens, chopped
- 1/4 cup non fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons champagne mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon
- dash of salt and pepper
- To boil the perfect egg: place eggs in a large pot and cover with cold water by half an inch. Heat the water to a boil, turn off the heat and cover the pot. Wait exactly 7 minutes, and then place the eggs in a bowl of ice water for 3 minutes.
- Peel and chop hard boiled eggs, discarding 4 yolks. Place in a large bowl. Add celery, onion greens, yogurt, mustard, lemon, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Chill and then serve.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 148 calories, 7 fat, 212mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 16g protein.