I thought you might be able to use a quick and healthy dinner recipe for you and your family. This recipe makes about 4-5 servings. In my household there are 3 servings to be dished out so I ate it the next day too! Two servings for me and one for Morgan (Hey, I know what your thinking, I’m 215 lbs and I workout hard, Ok?? There now its justified I feel better). It is far better for your body than regular spaghetti and in my opinion tastes WAY better! Most of the recipes I post here will be completely organic. Learning to separate food from pleasure is the key to starting a much healthier lifestyle! It is no secret that red velvet cupcakes are the world’s best tasting food, but I don’t eat them because I would only do it for the 15 seconds of pleasure I would get when the cream cheese frosting hits my sugar-happy taste buds! That is why I love my Organic Spaghetti.
- 1/2 Pound – 93/7 Lean Ground Beef (seasoned to taste)
- 1 Bag – Organic Whole Wheat Noodles
- 16 OZ Can – Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup – Chopped Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup – Chopped Green Peppers
- Unthaw 93/7 Lean Ground Beef and season to taste. We use seasoning salt for flavor and crushed red pepper for a little spice.
- Chop mushrooms and green peppers.
- When Lean Ground Beef is ready pour in 16 oz can of diced tomatoes in and add chopped vegetables.
- Boil the noodles for 7 minutes on hi/medium.
- Mix the noodles and the sauce together and enjoy!
I love this recipe and I am sure your family will too! The best part about this meal is that it holds the perfect carb/protein ratio. As long as you follow the ingredients you will get a 60% carb 40% protein ratio. ESPECIALLY good before an intense workout like bootcamp or an athletic event!
Let me know if you liked it or not! Don’t be shy 🙂