This Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta is:
Simple & easy
Make it gluten-free
30-minute Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta. Tasty pasta made with sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and topped with a creamy dairy-free sauce and crushed red peppers. This pasta is family-friendly and simple to whip up for dinner.
Gluten-free? Substitute the pasta and flour to make the entire dish gluten-free. Not a fan of spicy food? Cut out the crushed red peppers and add dried oregano or dried basil instead.
TIPS WHEN MAKING THIS CREAMY SAUCE
- Turn your stovetop to low heat and slowly melt the butter in a medium pot. After the butter melts, add the flour and whisk until it becomes a lumpy mixture.
- After you have created the butter, and flour mixture immediately add the milk to the pot while whisking the entire time.
- Whisk the mixture until all of the clumps have turned into a creamy sauce.
- Increase the heat to medium-low for 3-4 minutes, whisking the entire time. You do not want it to turn into a rolling boil, this sauce can easily burn.
- Lastly, add the salt, pepper, tomato paste, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and whisk once more.
- Immediately take the creamy sauce off the heat until you are ready to add it to your pasta mixture.
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato PastaCourse: UncategorizedDifficulty: Easy
Tasty pasta made with sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and topped with a creamy dairy-free sauce and crushed red peppers. This pasta is family friendly and simple to whip up for dinner.
12 ounces of pasta, cooked according to the back of the package.
2 Tbsp butter, I used dairy-free
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour, substitute for gluten-free flour
1 ½ cup dairy-free milk
⅔ cup sun-dried tomatoes
1 ½ cup fresh packed spinach, (optional)
1 Tbsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Cook pasta according to package, drain, and set aside.
- Heat a medium pot or dutch oven on low heat and add the butter. Once melted add the flour and whisk until it becomes a clumpy paste.
- Slowly, add the milk and whisk until all clumps have smoothed out.
- Increase the heat to medium low for 3-4 minutes, whisking the entire time. You do not want it to turn into a rolling boil, this sauce can easily burn.
- Add the salt, pepper, tomato paste, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and whisk once more.
- In a large bowl add the cooked pasta, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh spinach (optional) sauce, and toss. The warm pasta sauce will cook the spinach enough without it wilting.
- Sprinkle with crushed red pepper, eat, and enjoy!
- Don’t like spinach? Make this creamy pasta without fresh spinach
- You can use sun-dried tomatoes from a package or from a jar. If you use sun-dried tomatoes from a jar just make sure to rinse, drain, and chop them into small pieces before adding them to the pasta.
- Any type of pasta like rigatoni, gnocchi, and farfalle would taste wonderful with this creamy sauce.
Share your Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta on Instagram @burnbootcamp and @itsallgoodvegan.com.
What gluten free pasta do you like?
How many Calories are in this dish?
What’s the nutritional information for this recipe? Thanks!!